Mortage Document Checklist
As part of the mortgage process, there are certain items you will need to provide to support your mortgage applications. Here is a checklist of the most common items you could be asked for, depending on your financial situation. Preparation in advance can save you a lot of time and hassle by having all of your documents ready when speaking or meeting with your Anchor Loan officer.
If Purchasing a New Home:
- Offer to purchase
- Purchase and Sales agreement
- Earnest Money deposit (down payment checks): copy of any canceled checks used as deposit or down payment
- Homeowners Insurance: a binder and paid receipt for one year will need to be obtained, prior to closing
- Current Paystub showing 30 day history
- Last 2 years w-2 forms
- Last 2 years 1099 forms
- Last 2 years federal tax returns (needed is using bonus income, commission income, self-employed income, trust income, rental income
- If gap in employment within the last 2 years, letter of explanation
- If self-employed, copy of current P&L, 2 years’ personal federal tax returns (include k-1’s) and corporate, s-corporation or, partnership returns
- If rental income copy of current lease(s) and 2 years personal federal tax returns.
- If divorced and receive alimony and child support, copy of divorce decree. If recently divorced, must have received for at least 6 months and copy of cancelled checks will be needed
- Copy of Social Security Award letter or Disability award letter (if applicable)
- Copy of pension/retirement check or evidence of direct deposit (if applicable)
- For interest and dividend income, copy of last 2 years tax returns and provide assets that generates the income.
Most recent 2 months bank statement, all pages for all asset accounts
Documentation of any large deposits into the asset accounts
If gift funds being received and used, copy of completed gift letter and receipt of gift
- Inquiry letter for inquiries showing on credit report
- Copy of terms of any new debt that does not show on credit report
- Copy of 12 months canceled checks if account does not show on credit report
- Copy of 12 months’ rent checks, if currently renting, or landlord reference
- If business pays for loans, copy of 12 months canceled checks showing company pays.
- Other Real Estate owned: Copy of Current mortgage statement to show full payment. If payment does not include taxes and/or insurance, copy of current tax and insurance bill. If condo, copy of condo fee payment for at least 3 months
- If divorced, and have alimony or child support payments: Copy of complete divorce decree
Credit Report information:
- A mortgage credit report will be obtained as part of the mortgage process. All outstanding and previous credit history should appear on the report.
- If a current liability does not appear on your credit report: Provide name of creditor and account number in order for a credit supplement to be obtained. OR provide 12 months canceled checks for the payments made.
- If an inquiry occurs on your credit report: Provide written letter as to what the inquiry was for. If credit was issued, Provide copy of current statement or application of terms along with account number in order for a credit supplement to be obtained OR provide as many months canceled checks for the payments made.
- Credit explanation letter for all derogatory credit that appears on your credit report (late payments, collections, judgments, foreclosure, short sale, bankruptcy, etc)
- If bankruptcy in credit history, provide discharge papers
- Full legal name, social security number and birthdate
- Phone number, email address and current and former residential mailing addresses over the last two years
- Government-issued photo ID
- Green card or Work Visa